Friday, October 7, 2011

Riding to work

For all who don't know, Josh and I both recently got jobs working at UK. We have similar work schedules, therefore we get to ride to and from work together (cute, I know). Also, for all who don't know, I am a talker in the morning. Josh, as I have come to find, is not. I have a tendency to ask/state a lot of random questions/facts without truthfully desiring a response to any of them. It's like my brain is on overdrive and all my thoughts are just spilling out in verbal form. This drives my wonderfully patient husband absolutely crazy. A typical drive might go something like this...  "Do you think the average American knows what the hand signals that bicyclists use actually mean", "If everything we do to dogs is suppose to be humane, then why can't we put shock collars on kids to get them to stay in the yard (this is, by the way, one of the reasons Josh has informed me that we are not yet ready for little ones)", "I don't like knowing that the smell Lexington has to it is peanut butter coming from the JIF factory. I liked it better when I thought the smell was kettle corn. I don't crave kettle corn"...

Lately Josh's response has been to turn on the radio or to say "I don't know". Oddly enough, both responses are satisfying.

1 comment: